Thursday 1 September 2011

Strong Family, Strong Generation

Hello readers! It's been awhile. hahaha :)
4 days ago, which is Sunday, the 28th of August, my sunday school friends, teachers, and I went to Parapat to join a Family Camp for 3 nights and 4 days. We stayed in Niagara hotel. The participants weren't only from my sunday school, other Methodist churches join this camp too. More than SIX HUNDRED participants! :D There were children, teenagers, adults, and even old people. I met many old friends and made many new friends too. :)
the Niagara Hotel, I took it from a hill
the hotel swimming pool. I took it from the same place when taking the 1st pic
the way to get up the hill
my group meet up here everyday at 6.30 am :)
otw to the main hall (used for adults / special sessions where teens joined too)

Usually, children, teens, and adults are separated during bible sessions. There were 4 speakers (Pdt. Dr. Caleb Tong, Pdt. Agus Gunawan M.Th, Pdt. Prof. Kisnawaty Sinulingga, Ev. Frederika Christina Nanlohy). Teens were usually with Pdt Agus Gunawan, Pdt Sinulingga were only with us for 2 sessions. Well that's great cause I like Pdt Agus mostt ♥ He explained things clearly, told us interesting stories (mostly from his own life), and was a very good joker! hahaha :D

The teenagers were divided into 9 groups, using the names of the planets. I got Venus <3 hehehe.. My group consist of 12 members, including me. We played indoor and outdoor gamesI guess I can say that we were the luckiest group in the outdoor game time :D It was a lucky draw game. Each group were given a plastic of flour and a big bucket filled with water. Then, each group, took turns to pick a paper from a box. The committee had written something on the papers. Some were good stuffs (jackpot) and some were bad stuffs (punishments). If we didn't follow the written stuff, points would be taken away lol. We drawed 4 times.
First draw was quite unlucky..

the Pete I kept x_x lol

 We were given 28 Pete. I don't know the English word for it. hahaha. Pete is a very smelly fruit. After you eat it, your mouth will smell really bad when you talk. People said that you'll fart a lot too. ahahaha. So, my group members didn't finished them and FYI, I didn't ate any. lol
The 2nd and 3rd draw were the same :D
it means : SPLASH WATER TO THE COMMITTEE :D

It was CRAZY FUN ! Like EPIC REVENGE! Moreover, other goups helped us too! lol xD
And umm we won 250points on the 4th draw. B) hahaha

The winners were announced on the 3rd day and our group won the 2nd place!! woohoo ;D We got snacks for the prize. ahahaha

Patricia and I

I guess I won't write anymore. So byebyee
infinite x's and o's ,
Christie♥ : )

2 comments:

  1. petai (pete) = bitter bean.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parkia_speciosa

    ReplyDelete